Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11, 2001-September 11, 2010: Nine Years

September 11, 2001:



8:45 a.m. (all times are EDT): A hijacked passenger jet, American Airlines Flight 11 out of Boston, Massachusetts, crashes into the north tower of the World Trade Center, tearing a gaping hole in the building and setting it afire.

9:03 a.m.: A second hijacked airliner, United Airlines Flight 175 from Boston, crashes into the south tower of the World Trade Center and explodes. Both buildings are burning.

9:43 a.m.: American Airlines Flight 77 crashes into the Pentagon, sending up a huge plume of smoke. Evacuation begins immediately.

Credit To: CNN

It is September 11th, 2010. I would like this post to honor all of the people who lost their lives, on this day 9 years ago. It's hard to believe that it has been 9 years already, because it is so clear in my mind like it was yesterday.I was 12 years old, and in Middle school. I remember an announcement saying that all TV's were to be turned off, and all students were to report to their advisorys. That afternoon, our whole school watched everything unfold on the television, and even though we were so far away, up in Wolfeboro, NH, we felt so close. We felt close because we all live in America.I pray that all of our men and women overseas come home safely.

2 comments:

Daniel Scanlon said...

Hi...Great blog. Umm, yeah, I was looking for ideas to help improve my blog when I happened on yours.
Yesss, Sept 11 will ALWAYS stay with me. I was working at Sears Teleserve when we all saw it. I cried for close to a week, realizing America as I knew it, would NEVER be the same again... (Tears as i write this) Pls feel free to follow mine.

JakenMattsMom said...

Thank you. September 11, I was in Middle School, I will never forget. I cried watching it. The video link above, I cried when i watched it.