Do you wish your life was a piece of Cake? Do you wish that world was perfect? Do you wish that everything would go your way?
Well, Good Luck! Everyone does…!
But, I am here to tell you that there is hope! I am ready to open up and tell you my secrets into making life easier! So, Let's get started…
- Think Positively: That has to be the most important rule in life. When it rains it pours, everyone knows that. But as long as you keep your head up, you'll be okay. Positive thinking increases your chances of thinking before acting. Thinking before taking action can make a big difference into the path you will choose, and change the chain of concurrent events that will subsequently happen as a result.
- Organization: Having an organized life is a happy life. A happy life is a good life. Try to organize your week, the week before. Make a family Calendar. Have a different color code for every family member, and have the calendar posted for all to see. Include appointments, practices, school events, work meetings, ECT. Then along with that, make a meal plan for the week. If you share the responsibility of cooking, make sure you include the other "cook" of the house in this plan. If possible, make a few frozen portioned dinners for the unexpected changes that happen. Which you know will happen, because why? It's life.
- Attention to detail: Pay attention to the small things in life. Cherish them, love them, change them, or hate them. It's your choice and you and only you can choose your destiny. Paying attention even if just slightly to the smallest detail will make a bigger difference later on down the road, but may seem insignificant right now.
- Comedy: Everyone loves a good laugh to lighten the mood, and make an unbearable task, well seem at least a little bit better. Finding enjoyment even in the stupidest or the boring things in life will help you to get through it, and conquer the task. Try buying a CD of a comedian to listen to while you are cooking, or doing dishes, or laundry. Too many people take life way more serious than they should, and do not see the little funny hints that life throws them, and it's sad. Those people are also the ones that do not think positively. I love comedy, and I try to incorporate a joke even in the worst of situations to try to make the situation better.
- Live life to the fullest: Always live life to the fullest extent. Without living life to the full extent that you are able, means that you are not living at all. It's okay to take jumps and leaps, but make sure they are practical to your situation. For Example, don't go out and buy a Great Dane just because you want one, if you live in a one bedroom apartment. So live life to the fullest, but be logical with your living J
- Lists: Create lists of things you need to do immediately, things you need to do in the future, and things you want to accomplish in your whole life. Then cross reference this list and narrow down when you want to accomplish these things. This will make your life easier in completing the tasks that you want to, or have to do.
- Give yourself time: Time is of the essence. Only time will tell, or allow you to realize what you do, or what you have done will change the chain of events in your life. If you have lost a loved one or ones like I have you understand that time heals the grief that you are feeling. I can give you a great example. Last November, my great grandfather died. I incorporated a little comedy into my grief. When I was about 12, I was in the elevator of his building with him. There was another woman in the elevator with us. He was in his late 80's and so wasn't the lady. When the lady got off at her floor, he looks at me and says, "She had a nice butt." Mind you, she was about 87 years old, (LOL). This made me laugh at a time that was sad in my life. Like I said, Time heals and time grows what it needs to in life.
- Try to simplify: Simplifying daily tasks will make your life so much easier! Try to accomplish all your errands in one trip (if possible), and don't detour. Procrastination is one of the famous downfalls of American citizens. We all procrastinate at one time or another, and sometimes it's good to do so, but mostly not.
- Love: Love is a little bit harder, but it makes your life easier. If you're not a millionaire, you need to work. To be happy, and have your life be easier, you need to love your job. You need to love the way your living, you need to love your home, and most importantly you need to LOVE your life. If you don't love your life then make some changes because most likely you're miserable.
- Be yourself: I always try to be myself. I change it, if needed, but other than that I am who I am. I am a mom, a human being, a wife, a daughter, a lover, a sister. Someone who likes organized events, and comedy. I am me. If you cannot be yourself your making your life harder because its harder to try to be someone your not.
Stop and smell the roses once in a while. Take some time to enjoy who you are, and where you are in your life. Don't ever let anyone rain on your parade, after all it is your parade! Love who you are, and where you are at. Organize your life, especially if it's complicated. Time will tell. Simplifying will help. These are my suggestions, and tips for an easier life. You may have your own opinion that differs from mine. But I am me. Be Happy. Do what you feel is right. Pay attention to even the smallest of details, it may help you down the road. I hope what I have said will help your life be easier in the long run. Give it sometime, everything gets better, and if you get knocked down, stand back up on your feet and dust yourself off. We are only human, and we make mistakes. Don't hold grudges, thus makes life more difficult.
Live, Laugh, Love.
DISCLAIMER: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Oral-B blogging contest, making me eligible to get full-sized Oral-B Glide products and a $30 Target gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.