Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Less than a week...

Matthew Joseph will be a year in less than a week. I had a c section scheduled for 1/30/2010 because of all the pregnancy problems I had (gestational diabetes, preterm labor, preclampsia) I was doing two non stress tests and an ultrasound on a weekly basis from 30 weeks on.

However my child decided on January 28th at 8:30pm and after a long day of shopping with my grandmother that he wanted to break my water. Hubby was at work and was shocked when he arrived home that I was getting in the shower! Lol!

We arrived at Anna jaques hospital in Newburyport which is about a half an hour from our home at 10:30. My doctors office said I could take my time since the contractions were not very strong and not close together. About 11pm the contractions were regular and about 3 minutes apart but I wasn't dilating or anything. So there went my dream f having a VBAC...

We had an emergency c-section and Matthew Joseph was born at 12:19am on January 29th, 2010 weighing 9lbs 2.6oz and 21 inches long, at 37 weeks. That is NOT a typo.

I can't believe it has been almost a year since my little man was born!

Mama loves you Matthew!

0 comments: